This week’s book review is The Entrepreneurs Guide to Business Law by Constance E. Bagley and Craig E. Dauchy.
This is a reference book rather than a traditional business book. You don’t need to read this cover to cover rather, you only reference the section that applies to the business and legal need at hand. It is a great reference manual that every entrepreneur and business leader should have on their shelf. The guide covers topics from incorporation to building a contract and from intellectual property to IPOs.
My takeaway from this book is that every business leader needs to have a basic understanding of the laws that govern their business. They need to understand when they can handle a situation and when they need to retain a lawyer specialized in that field. This guide also gives some great tips on selecting an attorney when the need arises!
Note that I have previously reviewed the following books in 2017:
- Les McKeown’s Predictable Success
- Exponential Organzations by Salim Ismail, Michael S. Malone and Yuri van Geest
- Smart Thinking by Art Markman
- Arianna Huffington’s The Sleep Revolution
- RG LeTourneau’s Mover of Men and Mountains
- Kevin Kelly’s The Inevitable
- Ram Charan’s The Attacker’s Advantage
- Jeff Goins’s The Art of Work
- Ron Karr’s Lead, Sell, or Get Out of the Way
- Timothy Ferriss’s Tools of Titans
- Dr. David Perlmutter’s Grain Brain
- Howard Schultz’z Onward
- Nicholas Eberstadt’s Men Without Work
- Jason Fried’s and David Heinemeier Hansson’s Remote
- VALVE Employee Handbook
- Dr. Mark Hyman’s The Ultramind Solution
- Jeff Goin’s Real Artists Don’t Starve
Download a free copy of my new Ebook: 12 Steps to Business Transformation. If you would like a business assessment to help kick off your business transformation, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 587-227-5179.
Be sure to sign up at www.thinkingbusinessblog.com for weekly blog updates delivered to your inbox.
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.