This week’s book review is Will it Fly by Pat Flynn
Flynn takes his readers through the process of business ideation, validation, incubation, and eventual start-up and rollout. His writing style and methodology are simple yet powerful and he provides many anecdotes and useful examples to drive home the concepts that he is teaching.
My takeaway from this book is that I need to spend more time developing targeted user groups and working closely with them prior to creating and rolling out products or services. Remember the words of Joel Barker – “Speed is only useful if you’re running in the right direction!”
Spend time up front to determine the correct direction before you invest your organization’s money and resources!
Note that I have previously reviewed the following books in 2018:
- Tim O’Reilly’s Whats the Future and Why Its Up to Us
- Steven Pressfield’s The War of Art
- Timothy Ferriss’ Tribe of Mentors
- Richard P. Feynman’s Surely You’re Joking Mr. Feynman!
- Bernadette Jiwa’s Hunch
- Scott Galloway’s The Four
- William Mougayar’s The Business Blockchain
- Fredrik Haren’s The Idea Book
- David Burkus’ Friend of a Friend
- Stay on Top of Your Work podcast episode #15
- Blue Ocean Shift by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne
- Ideas and Stuff Podcast episode #50
- Tom Peter’s The Excellence Dividend
- Travis Christofferson’s Tripping Over the Truth
- Michael Zipursky’s The Elite Consulting Mind
- Mike Michalowicz’s Profit First
- Vanessa Van Edwards’ Captivate
- Seth Godin’s Linchpin
We work with leaders to identify and focus on the number one thing that will grow their business!
Call or email us today for more information or to book your free business assessment:
Be sure to download a free copy of my new Ebook: 12 Steps to Business Transformation and to sign up at www.thinkingbusinessblog.com for weekly blog updates delivered to your inbox.