The book review for this week is Tripping Over the Truth by Travis Christofferson
Christofferson takes the reader through the history of the diagnosis and treatment of cancer over the last few hundred years. Along this journey, science and doctors have made some dramatic discoveries and some dramatic errors in the detection, prevention and treatment of cancer. Essentially, the author is laying the scientific groundwork to support the metabolic theory of cancer.
The metabolic theory of cancer is, in simple terms, that cancer is caused when a cell is damaged so that the cell no longer generates its energy through an oxidative process but rather through a process that involves the fermentation of sugar. This means that limiting the amount of sugar that a cancer cell has access to would logically dramatically impact the ability that the cancer cell has to function and proliferate.
My takeaway from this book is that people need to live healthy lifestyles which include exercise and a healthy, carbohydrate limited diet. People with cancer need to do their own research and look at supplementing (NOT replacing) the doctor recommended treatments with doctor supervised therapies like; calorie restricted ketogenic diets (R-KD) and hypobaric oxygen treatments.
Note that I have previously reviewed the following books in 2018:
- Tim O’Reilly’s Whats the Future and Why Its Up to Us
- Steven Pressfield’s The War of Art
- Timothy Ferriss’ Tribe of Mentors
- Richard P. Feynman’s Surely You’re Joking Mr. Feynman!
- Bernadette Jiwa’s Hunch
- Scott Galloway’s The Four
- William Mougayar’s The Business Blockchain
- Fredrik Haren’s The Idea Book
- David Burkus’ Friend of a Friend
- Stay on Top of Your Work podcast episode #15
- Blue Ocean Shift by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne
- Ideas and Stuff Podcast episode #50
- Tom Peter’s The Excellence Dividend
We help leaders navigate marketplace complexities and build successful and lasting business legacies.
Call or email us today for more information or to book your free business assessment:
Be sure to download a free copy of my new Ebook: 12 Steps to Business Transformation and to sign up at www.thinkingbusinessblog.com for weekly blog updates delivered to your inbox.