The book review for this week is The Elite Consulting Mind by Michael Zipursky.
In this book on setting yourself up for success in the consulting world, Zipursky details his thoughts, techniques, mindsets, and philosophies around setting up a successful consulting business. Although I did not find any great pearls of wisdom, the book contains a lot of solid consulting advice.
My takeaway from this book is Zipursky’s 16 mindsets listed below:
- MINDSET, ACTION, RESULTS
- CONFIDENCE CREATES SUCCESS
- EARNING PREMIUM FEES
- FACING THE UNCOMFORTABLE
- WORRY WELL
- OUTREACH IMPERFECTED
- OFFERING YOUR EXPERTISE
- WHERE YOUR BELIEFS COME FROM
- FINDING THE BEST MODEL
- SMALLTOWN WHEREVILLE
- YOU’RE TOO OLD & TOO YOUNG
- THE POWER OF SAYING NO
- SUPERMAN & SUPERWOMAN
- SIMPLIFY YOUR WAY TO SUCCESS
- YOUR PRESENT CREATES YOUR FUTURE
- MIRRORING SUCCESS
Note that I have previously reviewed the following books in 2018:
- Tim O’Reilly’s Whats the Future and Why Its Up to Us
- Steven Pressfield’s The War of Art
- Timothy Ferriss’ Tribe of Mentors
- Richard P. Feynman’s Surely You’re Joking Mr. Feynman!
- Bernadette Jiwa’s Hunch
- Scott Galloway’s The Four
- William Mougayar’s The Business Blockchain
- Fredrik Haren’s The Idea Book
- David Burkus’ Friend of a Friend
- Stay on Top of Your Work podcast episode #15
- Blue Ocean Shift by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne
- Ideas and Stuff Podcast episode #50
- Tom Peter’s The Excellence Dividend
- Travis Christofferson’s Tripping Over the Truth
We help leaders navigate marketplace complexities and build successful and lasting business legacies.
Call or email us today for more information or to book your free business assessment:
Be sure to download a free copy of my new Ebook: 12 Steps to Business Transformation and to sign up at www.thinkingbusinessblog.com for weekly blog updates delivered to your inbox.