This week’s book review is The Attacker’s Advantage by Ram Charan
Uncertainty must be used as a competitive advantage by businesses and business leaders in today’s marketplace. Charan explains uncertainty and how structural uncertainty is causing market upheavals that will inevitably impact all businesses. Some businesses like Netflix recognize and take advantage of a structural uncertainty while other businesses like Blockbuster do not and are destroyed.
My takeaway from this book is I need to develop skills and insight that allows me to better see uncertainty and then leverage it for a competitive advantage.
Note that I have previously reviewed the following books in 2017:
- Les McKeown’s Predictable Success
- Exponential Organzations by Salim Ismail, Michael S. Malone and Yuri van Geest
- Smart Thinking by Art Markman
- Arianna Huffington’s The Sleep Revolution
- RG LeTourneau’s Mover of Men and Mountains
- Kevin Kelly’s The Inevitable
Download a free copy of my new Ebook: 12 Steps to Business Transformation. If you would like a business assessment to help kick off your business transformation, contact me at email@example.com or at 587-227-5179.
Be sure to sign up at www.thinkingbusinessblog.com for weekly blog updates delivered to your inbox.