Artificial intelligence, AI, is already revolutionizing our world and what we have seen so far is not even the tip of the iceberg! We cannot imagine today the profound changes AI will bring to our planet in the coming years!
So, what is your business doing about it? How are you leveraging AI inside your business? What are you doing to prepare your business for the changes that AI will usher into your marketplace?
What is Artificial Intelligence?
AI is basically a computer enabled intelligence that is fueled by ubiquitous data, the lightening fast speed of communications, and self learning algorithms that result in ever adapting and improving software performance.
Take a look at Google or Facebook. Both of these platforms use AI in many different ways. For example, both platforms can identify pictures that contain images of a bike, a bridge or even your mom! Other AI examples include:
- IBM’s Watson (world chess champion and currently being used in medical diagnosis and research)
- Amazon’s recommendation engine
- NEST thermostats
- Ford’s auto parallel park feature
- Tesla’s self-driving car feature
- Weather forecasting
- Automated GPS route planning
- Airliner autopilot
Artificial Intelligence is not science fiction. It is here today and is already being used extensively.
For all of the project management experts out there, imagine project management software that runs on a cloud based server and is able to use inputs like the following to automatically update schedules, budgets and man power requirements.
- weather forecasts
- factory forecasts
- shipping information
- 3D enabled, autonomous drone supplied, photographic progress updates
- automated construction warehouse information
- engineering design database completeness status
- currency fluctuations
This is not a wild eyed dream . . . AI will impact every area of our lives.
So what can your business do to prepare for and take advantage of AI?
How to Prepare Your Business for Artificial Intelligence
- Stay abreast of technology changes in your market by working with your industry associations
- Read your industry association periodicals
- Look outside your industry and your market at other industries. What advances are they using that could be leveraged into your industry.
- Subscribe to a general technology trend periodicals (like those from Deloitte, Peter Diamandis, Wired or even Popular Science)
- Set some time aside in your quarterly strategy sessions to brainstorm around how your business could be or should be leveraging AI
- Get involved with a MasterMind group that contains people from very different industries and backgrounds
- Try pilot projects in your business using AI packages
- Collaborate with the businesses that are programming and enabling AI. What can they offer you today that can give you a competitive advantage
AI is profoundly changing our world today and will continue to change our world in ways we cannot fathom!
Take some time this week to think about your business and AI. Think about Seth Godin’s statement; “Technology destroys the perfect and then it enables the impossible.”
How can you leverage AI to destroy the perfect parts of your business and enable your business to do the impossible?
Finally, take a look at my book summary for The Inevitable which has a complete chapter dedicated to AI.
“Artificial intelligence will reach human levels by around 2029. Follow that out further to, say, 2045, we will have multiplied the intelligence, the human biological machine intelligence of our civilization a billion-fold.” Ray Kurzweil
What are your experiences with AI? Leave your comments below!
Download a free copy of my new Ebook: 12 Steps to Business Transformation. If you would like a business assessment to help kick off your business transformation, contact me at email@example.com or at 587-227-5179.
Be sure to sign up at www.thinkingbusinessblog.com for weekly blog updates delivered to your inbox.