The book review for this week is The New Gold Standard by Joseph A. Michelli
Michelli provides a very detailed history and study of the Ritz Carlton business. The book documents the culture, business practices and the five leadership principles of the Ritz Carlton;
- Define and Refine
- Empower through Trust
- It’s Not about You
- Deliver “Wow!”
- Leave a Lasting Footprint.
My takeaway from this book is that a successful and enduring business culture is established only by engraining and continuously communicating a simple but powerful vision, mission and values all within the context of well established business processes.
Note that I have previously reviewed:
- Rory Vaden’s Procrastinate on Purpose.
- Bill Browder’s Red Notice
- Atul Gawande’s The Checklist Manifesto
- Brad Lomenick H3 Leadership
- Eula Bliss’ On Immunity: An Inoculation
- Adam Grant’s Give and Take
- Paul Leinward’s and Cesare R. Mainardi’s Strategy That Works
- John Nemo’s LinkedIn Riches
- Dr. Henry Cloud’s The Power of the Other
- T. Harv Eker’s Secrets of the Millionaire Mind
- Steve Case’s The Third Wave
- Thomas F Crum’s The Magic of Conflict
- Cal Newport’s Deep Work
- Greg Brenneman’s Right Away and All At Once
- Patrick J. McGinnis’ The 10% Entrepreneur
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.