This week’s book review is Grain Brain by Dr. David Perlmutter
Although this is not a business book, it is critical for each of us to do whatever we can to maintain and improve our health. Obviously we are not very effective as people or business leaders if we are not healthy.
In Grain Brain, Dr. Perlmutter provides an excellent overview of the declining state of human health which research is showing can be attributed to our poor nutrition habits.
At the base of many of our health problems is the scientifically proven fact that gluten and glucose can cause or exacerbate many adverse health conditions in humans. The obvious issues like celiac, crohns and colitis are usually easy to observe and diagnose. However, more insidious is the inflammation that gluten and glucose can cause inside the human body where the immediate health impacts are not easily observed. New research is emerging that links long term inflammation to conditions like Alzheimer’s, depression, Parkinsons and other brain and mental related ailments.
My takeaway from this book is very simple to state and much harder to implement: I need to remove gluten and sugar from my diet as much as possible!
Note that I have previously reviewed the following books in 2017:
- Les McKeown’s Predictable Success
- Exponential Organzations by Salim Ismail, Michael S. Malone and Yuri van Geest
- Smart Thinking by Art Markman
- Arianna Huffington’s The Sleep Revolution
- RG LeTourneau’s Mover of Men and Mountains
- Kevin Kelly’s The Inevitable
- Ram Charan’s The Attacker’s Advantage
- Jeff Goins’s The Art of Work
- Ron Karr’s Lead, Sell, or Get Out of the Way
- Timothy Ferriss’s Tools of Titans
Download a free copy of my new Ebook: 12 Steps to Business Transformation. If you would like a business assessment to help kick off your business transformation, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 587-227-5179.
Be sure to sign up at www.thinkingbusinessblog.com for weekly blog updates delivered to your inbox.