The book review for this week is The Third Wave by Steve Case
Case takes the reader through the history of the development of the Internet through his eyes and the perspective of the history of AOL. He then postulates what the next stage of internet development will look like. He calls this the Third Wave. The Third Wave can be summarized by this quote from the book:
“The Third Wave of the Internet is coming, the moment where the Internet transforms from something we interact with to something that interacts with everything around us.“
My takeaway from this book is that the future of our countries and the world depends upon the success of entrepreneurs. As entrepreneurs, our ability to find opportunity in the coming Internet of Everything has the potential to rock the world.
Note that I have previously reviewed:
- Rory Vaden’s Procrastinate on Purpose.
- Bill Browder’s Red Notice
- Atul Gawande’s The Checklist Manifesto
- Brad Lomenick H3 Leadership
- Eula Bliss’ On Immunity: An Inoculation
- Adam Grant’s Give and Take
- Paul Leinward’s and Cesare R. Mainardi’s Strategy That Works
- John Nemo’s LinkedIn Riches
- Dr. Henry Cloud’s The Power of the Other
- T. Harv Eker’s Secrets of the Millionaire Mind
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.